When people think of flooring, they don’t tend to think of ‘Fun Facts’! Once a floor has been installed it tends to only get attention when being cleaned.
Here are some top facts about flooring :
- 1. The oldest surviving carpet is called the Pazyryk carpet. At a startling age of over 2000 years old, it dates back to the 5th century BC and was found in the Altai Mountains in Siberia.
2. Wooden floors are allergy friendly. The smooth and hard surface of wooden floors does not harbour any bacteria or mites. They’re easy to clean and easy to keep bacteria free.
3. The red carpet was not introduced to the world through celebrity events, like we would think. It was originally used for marking ceremonial and formal roots for leaders and politicians.
- 4. Vinyl and linoleum are often referred to as the same things however they are entirely separate products. Vinyl is completely synthetic while linoleum is made from raw and natural ingredients.
- 5. The world’s priciest flooring is the Pietra Frimas LuxTouch tile. This stunning black marble design is inlaid with 95 cut diamonds. Not only that, but each tile contains abalone shell, mother of pearl and black onyx. You could be look at near to $1,000,000 per square meter!
- 6. A rug and a carpet are basically the same thing. The only thing that sets them apart is the size. Any piece of carpet that measures less than 40 square feet is considered a rug. This means that, technically, Aladdin’s Magic Carpet is actually a rug.
These are just a few facts on the wonders of different types of flooring. Do you have any facts to add? Flooring will always be an important part of any building. If taken care of properly, it can last 20+ years!